What to expect
Super Sunday is a church experience like no other. We're bringing the Super Bowl experience to Emmanuel with live music, games, free food and an inspiring message by special guest, former professional Denver Broncos NFL Quarterback, Tim Tebow. It's totally free and there will be something for the whole family. Spend your Super Bowl Sunday morning with us at 9am or 11am at any of our campuses.
SUPER SUNDAY HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST YEAR
To get a better understanding of Super Sunday, take a look at this video highlight from last year.
about tim tebow
TIM TEBOW is a two-time national champion, first round NFL draft pick, and Heisman trophy winner. Tim Tebow is currently signed to play professional baseball with the New York Mets and is a college football analyst for the SEC Network. Prior to joining the SEC Network, Tebow played three years in the NFL for the Denver Broncos, New York Jets and New England Patriots. In 2011, Tebow was the first quarterback featured in ESPN’s “Year of the Quarterback” series. He later released “Through My Eyes”, which was named the #1 sports book of 2011 and the bestselling religion book of 2011. Tim will be releasing a new book this October, “Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life’s Storms” (WaterBrook). Tebow also contributes to a variety of ESPN platforms including SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, and the network’s Heisman Trophy coverage. He is active in a variety of philanthropic activities through his Tim Tebow Foundation.
Tim Tebow | Faith and Mission Work
Tim Tebow grew up the son of missionaries, and even after moving to Florida as a child, he returned to the Philippines as a teenager–to spread God’s word, and do the Lord’s work, by serving the needy. He carried that calling with him to the University of Florida, where in addition to leading the Gators to two national championships, and winning the Heisman Trophy in 2007, he also devoted himself to charity–raising money for pediatric cancer patients and disadvantaged children.
Tim Tebow | Tim Tebow Foundation
In 2010, his vision took shape in the Tim Tebow Foundation. The Tim Tebow Foundation exists to bring Faith, Hope and Love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need. The foundation fulfills this mission every day by making dreams come true for children with life-threatening illnesses, building Timmy’s Playrooms in children’s hospitals, providing life-changing surgeries to children of the Philippines through the Tebow CURE Hospital, sponsoring Night to Shine, a nationwide prom for people with special needs, providing care for orphans in four countries and adoption aid grants for families who choose to adopt an international child with special needs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What time will doors open?
- Doors will open 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the event.
- What should I wear?
- Feel free to come as you are. Every weekend we see a wide range of attire. Some dress up while others are more casual. However, Super Sunday is a special event where we encourage everyone to wear their favorite player's jersey to join in on the fun!
- What is available for my kids?
- Every weekend at Emmanuel we have a fun, safe, Christ centered experience for you kids. Super Sunday will be the same way, but we have planned awesome activities for them to join in on the fun of Super Sunday.
- Where can I out more information once I arrive?
- For general questions, ask one of our friendly, knowledgeable Team Members at the Connect Center located in each lobby.
- Will I get to meet Tim Tebow?
- Due to time constraints, there will not be a meet and greet with Tim Tebow.